Peace Corps Wiki:Style guide
From Peace Corps Wiki
Revision as of 18:20, 19 March 2008 by Willd
All Article titles and headings
- Style:Capital letters are used only for proper nouns and the first letter. Ex: "Category:Mali programs"
- A category is titled in the plural if each member of the category constitutes an instance of what that title refers to. Ex: Category:Countries (each member of the category is "a country": Albania, Armenia, Ukraine, etc.). Ex: Category:Transportation (each member of the category is related to transportation, but is not "a transportation").
- Articles about sites are titled in the following format the full name of the town, village, or city (spaces OK). Only include: comma "Country" if there is another instance of the name existing in this wiki.
- Please do not use parentheses! Wiki supports any page title, so it will work but remember to have the URL of the page name read effectively do not use "()" or "". Periods are OK.
Category Tag Use
- General tags "Category:needs review" can be used anywhere ...or something to alert us to the article's status
- "Category:(Region Name)"
- "Category:(Country Name)" this could also be a redirect???
- Slowly we can start to tag each personal page with the tags: "Category:(Country name) volunteers" or "Category:(Country name) staff" and "Category:(Country name)(the year service started)"
- The "volunteer" and "Volunteers who served in..." categories will slowly be phased out.
Category Tags under a Country
- All pages must contain "Category:(Country name)"
- "Category:(Country name)sites"
- A general grouping of all sites I think is still good under "Category:Sites"
Country Program/Sector Article
- "Category:(Country name) programs"
Country Group Article
- "Category:(Country name)(the year service started)"