Peace Corps Wiki:Style guide
From Peace Corps Wiki
Revision as of 06:43, 20 March 2008 by Hajenso
All article titles and headings
- Capital letters are used only for proper nouns and the first letter. Ex: "Category:Mali programs"
- A category is titled in the plural if each member of the category constitutes an instance of what that title refers to. Ex: Category:Countries (each member of the category is "a country": Albania, Armenia, Ukraine, etc.). Ex: Category:Transportation (each member of the category is related to transportation, but is not "a transportation").
- Articles about sites are titled in the following format: the full name of the town, village, or city (spaces OK). Only include: ", Country" if there is another instance of the name existing in this wiki.
- Please do not use parentheses! Wiki supports any page title, so it will work. But remember: to have the URL of the page name read effectively, do not use "()" or "". Periods are OK.
Category tag use
- General tags "Category:Needs review" can be used anywhere ...or something to alert us to the article's status
- "Category:(Region name)"
- "Category:(Country name)" this could also be a redirect???
- Slowly we can start to tag each personal page with the tags: "Category:(Country name) volunteers" or "Category:(Country name) staff" and "Category:(Country name)(the year service started)"
- The "volunteer" and "Volunteers who served in..." categories will slowly be phased out.
- All pages must contain "Category:(Country name)"
- "Category:(Country name) sites"
- A general grouping of all sites I think is still good under "Category:Sites"
Country Program/Sector Article
- "Category:(Country name) programs"
Country Group Article
- "Category:(Country name) (the year service started)"