Peace Corps Wiki:Style guide
From Peace Corps Wiki
Revision as of 16:05, 24 March 2008 by Willd
All article titles and headings
- Capital letters are used only for proper nouns and the first letter. Example: "[[Category:Mali programs]]"
- For sorting issues it is highly recommended to start any article that deals with aspects of a country with the "country name." Example: "Mali programs" not "Programming in Mali" An exemption is site names (see below)
- The word of 'Peace Corps' is understood for most article. e.g. "Peace Corps Training in The Gambia" (as a title of subsection) would just be "Training in The Gambia"
- The name of the Country is understood for subsections if the article has the country name in the title. Example: The section "What is the electric current in The Gambia?" under FAQs about Peace Corps in The Gambia becomes "What is the electric current?" since The Gambia is understood.
- A category is titled in the plural if each member of the category constitutes an instance of what that title refers to. Ex: [[Category:Countries]] (each member of the category is "a country": Albania, Armenia, Ukraine, etc.). Ex: [[Category:Transportation]] (each member of the category is related to transportation, but is not "a transportation").
- Articles about sites are titled in the following format: the full name of the town, village, or city (spaces OK). Only include: ", Country" if there is another instance of the name existing in this wiki.
- Please do not use parentheses! Wiki supports any page title, so it will work. But remember: to have the URL of the page name read effectively, do not use "()" or "". Periods are OK.
Category tag use
- General tags [[Category:Needs review]] can be used anywhere ...or something to alert us to the article's status
- [[Category:(Region name)]] For example: [[Category:Africa]]
- [[Category:(Country name)]] For example: [[Category:Nigeria]]
this could also be a redirect???
- Slowly we can start to tag each personal page with the tags: [[Category:(Country name) volunteers]] or [[Category:(Country name) staff]] and [[Category:(Country name)(the year service started)]]
- Note: Please use name of the country, example: [[Category:Bolivia volunteers]] not [[Category:Bolivian volunteers]]
- The tags: [[Category:volunteer]]and [[Category:Volunteers who served in (Country name)]] categories will slowly be phased out.
- All pages must contain [[Category:(Country name)]]
- [[Category:(Country name) sites]]
- A general grouping of all sites I think is still good under [[Category:Sites]]
Country Program/Sector Article
- [[Category:(Country name) programs]]
Country Group Article
- [[Category:(Country name)(the year service started)]]